Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Time

-
Today is the Christmas Day for us. I was writing about all the customs and things connected with this day last year here, so I am not going to repeat myself. Last year´s Christmas was a bit different thanks to my sister and her situation. This Christmas is also a bit different, as my sister has a new family. I am so happy for her. She seems to be cheerful again.
-
We have just returned from the graveyard. We were there with my maternal grandparents. It was quite a nice trip (if I can say that visiting graveyard is nice).
Everytime my grandparents start to tell me some story about people they knew, our family relatives, about past, I just listen and try to remember as much as I can. It is like open a very old book, blow the dust away from its pages, and start to read. It is kind of adventure. And you know that this adventure can stop as soon as it begins. So you turn those pages very carefully, and try not to get disturbed by anything else.
And my grandparents told stories this afternoon. About my relatives, about some people they knew, about some graves, about past times. And I was listening. Oh, I was listening very carefully. And from this very day I know where there is a grave of my grandma´s father. It is a long sad story, but I have realised (once again), that there have been many strong women in my family. I am very proud of them all. Even some of them were so different from me in their seeing the world around.
-
Last year I was posting many photos of all our Christmases. I don´t think I am going to do the same this year. But maybe I will change my mind. Maybe. Well, who knows what there is in the mind of woman?:-)
-
Happy Christmas to you and all your beloved ones.
-

No comments: