Wednesday 4 March 2009

Short Animation Movies

-
You can find almost everything on youtube. Something is boring, something is good. And some things are precious. Youtube is a well of priceless short movies you cannot see anywhere else. Well, not for free.
I post some of them before. As a tale by Jean Giono called The Man Who Planted Trees, or a very good short animation video written and directed by Tim Burton called Vincent (in the same post there can be found also my favourite short story Angst, do not miss it.)
-
I´ve found some more today. The first one is called Father and Daughter, written and directed by Michael Dudok de Wit. It is about a father who says goodbye to his young daughter. This short film won Oscar.
-
The other one I´ve decided to mention here is Kiwi!. I found this short movie many weeks ago. And it is still one of those movies which I cannot get out of my mind. It is always very nice and satisfying to see a plot which is so simple, but absolutely new and very good one.
-
And now, we cannot forget the Pixar movies! Both of the short films above are quite sad, so here are some really funny (and still the best) movies made by Pixar artists.
My favourite (and also Smallone´s favourite) For the Birds and Scrat´s movie (Do you remember the squirrel from the Ice Age movies? Do you want to know how continents were parted?)
-
Now I am too tired to do anything but going to bed. Tomorrow is another Skywatch Friday and I do not have any suitable photo of the sky. That means I am going to bring my camera anywhere I go tomorrow and I am going to search the sky from the morning to the evening. I wish something interesting will happen in the sky. Well, you (and me) will see tomorrow. I hope so.
-
-

2 comments:

PJ said...

I think your weather must be very different from mine. I can't imagine not having something to photograph for SWF. But so it goes. I hope we see you with something next week!

Namnet said...

There are some days during the winter which are just grey. Nothing else, but grey. We are bored with them here, so I don´t want to bore even more people with their photos:-)
Now it is going to be better as the spring is coming.