Thursday 17 July 2008

Leaving (Where Are My Tee Shirts?)

Tomorrow morning we are leaving for Italy. We are spending the holiday in southern Italy near the city of Naples. It is going to be very lazy and relaxing week so we will just be lying on the beach, sunbathing, bathing, eating and drinking, reading a lot and from time to time spending some time in the local restaurant or walking to the nearest town (village) by the dusk.


But one special interruption will take place halfway our inactive being - the Pompeii excursion.
On August 24, 79 AD, the volcano Vesuvius erupted, buried the nearby town Pompeii in ash and soot, killing 2000 people, and preserving the city in its state from that fateful day. Pompeii is an excavation site and outdoor museum of the ancient Roman settlement. This site is considered to be one of the few sites where an ancient city has been preserved in detail - everything from jars and tables to paintings and people were frozen in time, yielding an unprecedented opportunity to see how the people lived two thousand years ago. (www.wikitravel.org/en/Pompeii)

---

The whole relaxing week is a hen party. My friend and I are taking our mothers to spend some time with them and since all four of us have known each other for more that 20 years, I think it will be fun.

Now we are in the phase of packing. But in the different stage - my mum is just finishing her packing, I am somewhere in the middle. My Mum is attuned to have everything packed in advance, I am attuned to do everything at the last moment. So now there is a bit tension between us, but in a normal way. Just a travelling fever.
---

This video I´ve just found and I quite like it. But I definitely looove the song. It is from Amelie from Montmartre movie soundtrack by Yann Tiersen. If you have not seen it yet or have not heard the soundtrack, you really really really should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA&feature=related

No comments: