Wednesday 30 December 2009

Knock Knock... Who´s There?... New Year!

The new year is coming. This year has been quite good. In many ways. And quite bad in the others. As the other years. Many things have changed. Many have stayed the same. As the other years.
But which is meaningful in every year it´s your friends and all those beloved ones who support you whenever you need it. Those who really care. And I think that if they have cared till today, they are going to care the next year as well. And that´s a good news and augury for the year which is coming, is it.
-
So may your new year be full of good people who love you the way you are, and may you be the person they can fall back on.
--

Te Deum
by Charles Reznikoff

Not because of victories
I sing,
having none,
but for the common sunshine,
the breeze,
the largess of the spring.

Not for victory
but for the day's work done
as well as I was able;
not for a seat upon the dais
but at the common table.
-

2 comments:

PJ said...

Namnet, we've been exchanging comments for some time now, for more than a year. It's been great getting to know you and hope that you have a great New Year's Eve and sail into the new year with joy! Much love, P

PS I love the poem

Namnet said...

I am glad I found you in the blogsphere, Paula. I love the way you see the world through your camera lenses. It makes me happy to read your blog as I always find something new and interesting.
I hope your new year will be full of new inputs of anything you find absorbing.